From Paul Kirchgraber, MD, CEO
In the fight against COVID-19, we believe that patients can’t wait, and neither can we. We’re here to partner with you to accelerate much needed treatment options across the world. We can offer a unique combination of solutions that blend Labcorp’s drug development and diagnostic capabilities. To best support your path ahead in this rapidly evolving environment, here’s how we can work together to help you achieve your goals and ultimately meet patients’ urgent needs:
- Together, we can deliver unprecedented acceleration: Every day counts for a new COVID-19 assay, vaccine or therapeutic. Accelerating your development and reaching patients faster requires a highly coordinated team. We’ve mobilized dedicated COVID-19 Response Teams to help connect you to the right people and regulatory authorities to expedite your development.
- Together, we can create a highly collaborative partnership: As an example, a unique partnership approach has already proven successful with Ridgeback Biotherapeutics testing an antiviral drug. Our COVID-19 Response Teams mapped out this client’s clinical development program, connected with regulatory authorities, aligned the drug supply and recruited volunteers for the First-in-Human study – in just 14 business days. This level of speed and collaboration is truly amazing and needed in the relentless pursuit of a breakthrough.
- Together, we can seamlessly integrate cross-functional expertise for your end-to-end development: Each handoff point in your process can add risk and impact your timeline. We’re here to provide rapid transition between phases, from discovery and preclinical to development and commercialization. Whether you need support with molecule screening, formulation, assay development, patient recruitment or management of clinical trials, you can extend your team’s scientific and medical expertise and generate new insights to make more informed decisions. No other organization can offer this breadth of coordinated services or match the global reach of Labcorp.
- Together, we can reach patients directly and enable focused recruiting with proprietary Labcorp patient data: Flexibility, nimbleness and unparalleled patient access are essential for COVID-19 testing and drug development. Our proprietary Labcorp data can help you anticipate the next hot spot, refine your recruitment strategies in near real time and provide enhanced visibility into current COVID-19 test patterns and patient clusters. You can also improve your patient recruitment efforts with Patient Direct, our unique database of consented, pre-screened patients who meet specific inclusion/exclusion criteria, drawn from Labcorp testing of approximately 20% of the people who have been tested for COVID-19 in the U.S. In addition to faster recruitment, Labcorp and Ciox Health Real World Data division are working closely on a comprehensive U.S.-based COVID-19 patient data registry. The registry will store curated, HIPAA-compliant de-identified data sets and can be used to gain rapid insights from real-world data to enhance epidemiological and clinical research and ultimately improve outcomes for COVID-19 patients.
- Together, we can apply patient-centric practices to enhance safety in a challenging trial setting: Working in an intensive care unit (ICU) is inherently difficult due to the complexities of patients’ conditions and the need to ensure the safety of both patient and healthcare providers. You can apply our past experience running challenging pneumonia studies with intubated patients and designing protocols that are optimized for patient recruitment and retention. Outside of the ICU, we can also help you employ decentralized trial solutions, such as eConsent, ePRO, eCOA and telemedicine technology, that together with our U.S.-based patient services centers and global home health services, can reduce the frequency of on-site visits and gather valuable patient data to inform decision making.
The combined, comprehensive support that Labcorp can offer has never been more important. Spanning discovery to diagnosis to delivery, we’re on a mission to increase your speed to market. We’re all in this together – and we’re fighting this pandemic to make a difference for patients. Patients can’t wait. Neither can we.